SIGNUPS OPEN FROM 11/1/11--11/30/11
I'm starting the signups for the 2_lines Secret-Santa-Slash-Holiday Exchange!
As in previous years when I hosted these, I'd like to limit this to active members, as a way to protect everyone who signs up. After all, if a lurker signs up, but doesn't send a package, it doesn't really affect them when they get banned. However, I will give everyone the benefit of the doubt. If, heaven forbid, you get flaked on, let me know. I will be "angel-ing" any and all missing swaps--putting together gifts to replace them. It is not fair to let someone go without a return package.
Please read these rules carefully!
1. The most important rule of all: if you sign up, you must send a package to your partner, no question. If you sign up and then your situation changes, please let me know and I will work something out. If you sign up and then flake out on your partner, or your package is seriously below expectations*, you will be banned from the community. No one is forcing anyone to sign up, so it is on you to make sure that you follow through. However, if there is proper communication with me and/or with your partner, obviously you won't be banned. I will not have a flaker ruin this for the rest of the amazing people in the community.
*This basically means a package that is way below the price limit--one where the contents are one waterlogged novel and two gift bows. This does NOT necessarily mean a package whose contents are all handmade, or one that doesn't contain something specific that the recipient was hoping for. I'm pretty sure that everyone in this community sort of "gets" this rule, but if you're confused or worried about it, please let me know and I will try to explain it better. (I do not expect this to be a problem--I'm just mentioning it so no one can say that I never mentioned it).
2. There will be a $10-$15 price range* on these presents. You may spend more than this if you would like, but don't expect that your partner will send you a $50 gift card just because you did. Similarly, you do not have to spend the maximum--your gift can be entirely handmade, but please keep this limit in mind while you put the gift together. Basically, use common sense and the golden rule. When you are finished with your gift, ask yourself if it is something that you would like to receive from your partner. If it is, fabulous. If it's not, do something to change that. (Also, for all members not in the USA, please translate the $10-$15 into the equivalent in your own currency. :D Sorry to be so US-centric.)
*The price limit does not include shipping, sorry!
3. Please keep your partner's likes and dislikes in mind while making your gift. This kind of goes without saying, of course, but if they mention in their little survey thing that they're allergic to something, you should probably leave it out of your package.
4. Remember: just because you list an item in the survey thing below does not guarantee that your partner will be able/willing to include it in your package. Similarly, do not feel obligated to get your partner absolutely everything that he or she lists in their survey.
5. When you mail your package, it is in everyone's best interest that you get a tracking number on it. This is good for a number of reasons:
-it protects you, on the off-chance that your partner tries to say that they did not receive your package
-it lets your partner know when there is a package coming
-who doesn't love checking the tracking number for their packages?
6. There will be a collective post once the sendout deadline has passed, where you can post comments containing either photos of your package/items or links to entries in your own journal containing the same. If you are not able to take photos (no camera, etc) please let me know in the survey below (there's a place for it), and I'll ask your partner to take photos before they mail it to you. Of course, you don't have to post photos of your gifts if you don't want to, but I know that I am super-nosy and love looking at photos of other people's packages (oh dear) nearly as much as opening my own. (......)
7. As always, if you have questions, comments, concerns, or anything else please feel free to contact me. I will do my best to explain, reassure, reply, or whatever to you.